[thelist] Re: ASP on members.evolt.org

darren darren at web-bitch.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 08:27:03 CST 2002

On 21 February 2002 at 12:47:39, Webmaster <webmaster at archetype-it.com> wrote:

W> At 19:19 21/02/2002 +0700, you wrote:
>>But I don't do ASP. But I'm willing to learn. Do you have links that you
>>recommend so I can learn
>>ASP especially using JScript and not VBScript. Because I've read somewhere
>>that
>>ASP using JScript is faster than ASP using VBScript.

W> Almost all online resources that I'm aware of use VBScript for their
W> examples ... good for beginners are:

one good site that uses jscript is james shaw's:

   http://coveryourasp.com/

you can download the code for the whole site.

you'll find that 99% of examples elsewhere are in vbscript, so make sure
you have the ms scripting docs...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/001/733/msdncompositedoc.xml

hth,

darren