[thelist] OT S3Trio64 graphics card not suported by win2000?

Brad Miller brad at beldamar.com
Thu Feb 21 09:23:01 CST 2002

Are you trying to setup a dual display with 2 diffferent cards?
I tried doing that a while back.
If I remember correctly you cannot use the S3 PCI cards with another AGP
card.
I spent about 2 months trying to figure out how to get a PCI S3Trio to work
with a 3DFX card in the AGP slot.
I ended up going out and buying a dual head card and forgetting about the
multiple card setup.

There is very little support on the MS knowledge base about setting up
multiple video cards under Win2k and the only thing I ever found about it
was that they had to be cards that were supported in their list.

Also one thing to remember that when setting up multiple displays on Win2k
you must have the same resolution on both displays. With ME and 98 you could
set a different resolution on both monitors. Anyone know if this is fixed in
XP?

Thanks
Brad Miller
www.beldamar.com