[thelist] New Post : Working w/ NPO's

Bev Corwin bev at enso-company.com
Thu Feb 21 18:53:03 CST 2002

Dear Dyan,

As a general rule we offer free sites for non profits, if we have the space,
especially start ups for the first few years.  Also, we generally give 20%
across the board discounts to "real" no profits.  That does not count for
"corporate" welfare organizations.  Generally,  if they charge large
membership fees, expensive tuition, have very large annual operating budgets
(500K or more),  or are de facto non profit marketing or development
extensions of corporations (non charity, corporate only members, etc), we
expect these orgs to pay full prices.  We have worked out some trades in
services for the latter type of non profit.  Any grassroots,  real charity
groups are considered in different category to us.  There are many different
classifications of non profits.  We generally consider the 501 (c) (3) orgs
real non profits,  the others can receive discounts, but are not the same.

Bev