[thelist] content management systems?

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
Fri Feb 22 10:26:01 CST 2002

Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

http://www4.gartner.com/DisplayDocument?id=339463

It's a 2x2 matrix which Gartner use to evaluate all kinds of markets.

One dimension being Ability to Execute, and the other being Completeness
of Vision.

The quadrants are:
Challengers Leaders
Niche Players     Visionaries
and Gartner maps a vendor not only onto a quadrant, but places them within
it too.

Naturally you want to be as close to the top right as you can... and avoid
the
bottom left. Most CM vendors are Niche Players, with a good sprinking in
Visionaries.
There are only 3 Leaders.

You can buy all the detail from Gartner - it's about US$100, but if you're
spending tens or hundreds of thousands on a product or service, it's *very*
good value.

Cheers
Martin

To:    thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject:    RE: [thelist] content management systems?

can you elaborate on what the "Gartner's Magic Quadrant for CM Vendors" is?
can i possibly find it on the web? a search at google doesn't turn up
anything.

at my company we develop almost all cms sites on the basis of obtree c3.
the
product has it's flaws (and so has the company ...) but i'm generally quite
happy with it.

behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

telecommunications systems.
computer.