[thelist] OT: Slower Modems,does it matter?

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Feb 22 12:06:00 CST 2002

I was just talking to one of my clients about posting his newsletter to his
site.  In the conversation we had talked about the file size of the document
and I mentioned it would download rather slowly for those who still have a
28.8 or 56K modem.

Now to understand this a little better, it's a church web site and most of
the congregation is in the older category but the target audience is all
ages.

But what was said to me in the conversation was the people who have the
slower modems don't care how long the browser takes to load what ever it is
they want to look at, that's why they are still on the slower modems.

Is this a general feeling among clients and do they actually care about how
fast or slow the downloading of their web site takes for people with slower
modem?.

Bob

---