[thelist] Hosting and DNS Registrations

Martin Kuplens-Ewart martin at takingitglobal.org
Sat Feb 23 06:33:01 CST 2002

> Bear with me, please!!!! The person I was talking to said, no, if it's
> BulkRegister scenario, it's perfectly alright to show my XYZ
Consulting
> name and address, rather than the client's. I said, no, XYZ Consulting
is
> simply representing the registrar and the owner/organization should
reflect
> the client name and address information.

Both are right - you can register the domain and have you listed as the
'owner'/registrant... BUT ethically, your response is more correct.
After all... The client should have ownership of their own domain.

Either way, it's a toss-up - and comes down to how you feel about
ethics. :)

-martin