[thelist] Eudora duplicate mail download/filtering

hpoe evolt at webmediaconception.com
Sat Feb 23 09:45:00 CST 2002

Thanks, Michael

>To save on bandwidth (not really needed, but became standard), most
>email clients don't delete the messages on the server until it had
>completed downloading ALL on the new messages.  Sometimes, if you get
>disconnected before this point is reached, the messages don't get deleed
>and don't even get tagged as read.

Hmm... I *think* it downloaded all of them. Searching for a solution for
this I read somewhere that Eudora keeps an internal record of messages it
downloaded. This seems to get corrupted sometimes, causing continuous
multiple downloads. This wasn't the case here, though.

Right before this happened I got a mailbox quota warning from my ISP. So I
lowered the no. of days I keep my mail...

So anyway, maybe I should just try to keep Eudora from crashing. Maybe
having 5 mailboxes showing with 10+ MB is too much. :-|

>I have to say that as a Non-Eudora user, I may be completely off track
>and just confusing.  Hopefully this is not the case. : )

Huh? Woddaya mean? ;-)

-hpoe

--
Henning Poerschke           http://webmediaconception.com