[thelist] Jakob Nielsen [was Anti-aliasing]

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 23 11:48:00 CST 2002

> From: "Mark Groen" <mark at markgroen.com>
[...]
> This is what comes up from that link:
>
> meta name="keywords" content="Jakob Nielsen, Jacob Nielson, Jakob
> Nielson, Neilsen, Web usability, User Interface Design, discount
> usability engineering, user testing, usability inspection, heuristic
> evaluation, hypertext, WWW Web design, UI, GUI, HCI, CHI,
> human-computer interaction"> <meta name="description"
> content="Alertbox column, Web usability, usability engineering, and
> Jakob's minimalist approach to Web quality; good sites/books about
> design; Jakob's biography"
>
> There's some very basic spam mistakes here, mainly multiple use of the
> same word. Every word should have a comma separator also. There's more
> once you start really researching Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
> His high ranking is from being around a long time and lots of people
> linking to him would be my guess; not from his meta data.

actually, it's not that bad... he has common misspellings of his name (which
is smart)... he uses no word more than three times (the limit, as far as i
know)... and they all relate to his work...

i consider spamming to be putting in words that don't relate to his work, for
instance: "girls girls girls fetish poultry $240-worth of pudding pr0n p0rn
mayberry winston churchill"

his description is a little bit of a keyword list, but i wouldn't consider that
spamming...

also, according the research i've been doing on SEs (which has paid off very
well as of late), using a comma-separated list is no longer the way to go... it
eliminates keyphrases...