[thelist] Jakob Nielsen [was Anti-aliasing]

Nick Bourgeois nick at gravityfree.com
Sat Feb 23 13:21:04 CST 2002

> Perhaps if you have a look at meta "keywords" and "description" and think
> about it for a moment, it will come to light for you.

This is what I see:

Neilsen, Web usability, User Interface Design, discount usability
engineering, user testing, usability inspection, heuristic evaluation,
hypertext, WWW Web design, UI, GUI, HCI, CHI, human-computer interaction">
engineering, and Jakob's minimalist approach to Web quality; good
sites/books about design; Jakob's biography">

Hmm... I still don't see anything spammy.  If you're talking about the
misspellings of his name, that's perfectly valid SEO practice.  That way
you're covering all your bases.  If you're talking about the repitition of
the word "usability," that's also fine.  Repeating a word three times in
your meta keywords is definitely NOT spamming.  Any more than that and the
SEs may penalize, but it's highly doubtful.  In fact, it's doubtful most
search engines still even look at the meta tags anymore.

If I'm missing anything, let me know.

Thanks,

Nick