[thelist] High profile awards

Ed Shuck edshuck at noevalley.com
Sat Feb 23 14:39:01 CST 2002

I have not followed the thread so if this is redundant, sorry.

1. i have a local web site and the local democratic club endorsed some
candidates:  just after the local monthly neighborhood newspaper went to the
printer.  the election is a mointh off (at that time).

i have had the list on my site for all this time (3weeks) and the local
paper will be out in abou t a week.  so timeliness is a selling point.
(note: the local club keeps advertisining that the list will be in the local
paper soon and  they know damn well that all my efforts have been on their
behalf.  i am not a happy camper but the timeliness is still there).

another thought;

why is it (or do they) that no one does an accessability award.  Yahoo was
absolutely horrid for accessability while google was at the top of the game.

there are the webbies.  but a bit of a button design and a little press (in
the right places) and this could be a really hot idea.  get the lighthouse
for the blind (if in the US) to be the judge of such a thing.

to me this is not a joke but a real opportunity for the right company to
raise the bar.

peace