[thelist] PWS as a Webserver

David Kutcher david_kutcher at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 24 23:12:01 CST 2002

I'm starting to feel like a broken record, so this'll be my last post on
this subject.

Please, install PHP Triad.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phptriad/

Apache, PHP, MySQL all configured on an easy to use installer.  Stable as
hell.  Even lets you host multiple sites with apache's virtualhost
containers.

And I believe it even has mod_perl installed.

I'm sorry, but it's simply the BEST solution out there.  Whether you need a
little apache/mysql/php development platform or just want to learn how to
develop for the web.  Why open yourself to bad practices, security holes,
and more by turning on/installing PWS or IIS and Front Page extensions?

And there is simply no reason/need to wait for apache 2.0.  It's not a
Microsoft program;  You don't have to wait for them to reach a 3.0 state
before it's worth purchasing.

David
www.confluentforms.com