[thelist] Apache server on a Win98 operating system [was PWS as a Webserver]

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Mon Feb 25 05:07:01 CST 2002

From: "Dave" <schemer at cyou.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 7:15 PM

[snippet]

>I looked at Apache but it looks like waiting for 2.0 is the
> way to go unless I am running Win/2000 or NT or UNIX. Has anyone setup Apache
> on a Win/98 box with success? Burnt out as usual,
> Dave

    Hi Dave -
    Last night I successfully set up the latest release (2MB) of the Apache server (1.3.23-win-x86) on my Pentium II using Win98SE os. There is a 12+MB version of Perl you can download too if you already don't have it.

    Have already tested one cgi script I've been working on. It's great! You'll love it.

Sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com