[thelist] FP...Was PWS as a Webserver

Vic Wooten vicwooten at eaglewebservices.com
Mon Feb 25 05:31:01 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eike Pierstorff" <eike.p at t-online.de>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 6:49 PM
Subject: AW: [thelist] PWS as a Webserver

> currently I'm teaching basic html to teenagers and young adults, and I
> think that Frontpage (and WYSIWYG-Editors in general) is a bloody
> nuisance.
> It's very hard to convice somebody to learn that <tag>-stuff when they
> get the same results by clicking buttons. So, I'm afraid, they will
> never learn the strengths and limitations of HTML. The predictable
> result are just many more really bad web pages, when their future
> employers ask them ("You learned that internet stuff in school, didn't
> you?") to create the companies website in their lunch-break. I would
> rather have my students to be intimidated by HTMl's syntax than spoiled
> by frontpage.

Bless you! After having seen a good bit of the garbage that's being cranked
out by some of the outstanding (grades-wise!) students at Greenville
Technical College, I'm thoroughly convinced that though FP "may" be an
excellent tool in the hands of an experiencd person, it "is not" in any way,
shape, or form, the proper tool for educators to use with beginning
students!

Vic