[thelist] Cannot write CGI scripts on a Mac

Michael Galvin michael at sourcedesign.ie
Mon Feb 25 08:15:01 CST 2002

I'm having no luck at all creating CGI scripts on my Mac.  I've downloaded
the Lite BBEdit, and I've zapped gremlins, etc.  I've set the file creator
and save state options to 'BBEdit' and line breaks to 'Unix'.  I've uploaded
as text, but I'm still get the old 500 Internal server error problem.

I'm pretty sure that it's nothing to do with Fetch, as I've downloaded a
script from my cgi-bin that I know works, reuploaded it, and it seems to be
okay.

I'm going to have to resort to uploading the script from work, going home to
my PC, downloading it, cutting and pasting into a notepad document,
uploading, going back to work, and testing it  Not sure the boss would go
for that option.

Any help appreciated.

Michael