[thelist] Cannot write CGI scripts on a Mac

Jonathan Russell jonathan at macphoenix.com
Mon Feb 25 08:42:01 CST 2002

Dear Michael:

Just to check, but are you setting Fetch to upload as ASCII? I know that
with Transport (my favorite FTP program for the Mac), if I don't specify the
transfer as ASCII, it just won't work on my site.

--Jonathan
jonathan at macphoenix.com
http://www.macphoenix.com

+----------------------------+
|    MacPhoenix: WebSpace    |
|      We're improving,      |
|    so you don't have to.   |
+----------------------------+

> From: Michael Galvin <michael at sourcedesign.ie>
> Subject: [thelist] Cannot write CGI scripts on a Mac
>
> I'm having no luck at all creating CGI scripts on my Mac.  I've downloaded
> the Lite BBEdit, and I've zapped gremlins, etc.  I've set the file creator
> and save state options to 'BBEdit' and line breaks to 'Unix'.  I've uploaded
> as text, but I'm still get the old 500 Internal server error problem.
>
> I'm pretty sure that it's nothing to do with Fetch, as I've downloaded a
> script from my cgi-bin that I know works, reuploaded it, and it seems to be
> okay.
<snip>