[thelist] Re: Cannot write CGI scripts on a Mac.

Michael Galvin michael at sourcedesign.ie
Mon Feb 25 08:47:08 CST 2002

Jonathan

I'm using Fetch to upload as Text (there's no specific ASCII option, at
least there isn't one in my version).  Surely text and ASCII are pretty much
the same (which is probably the worst thing you can say when it comes to
uploading Perl scripts)

Michael

Jonathan said:

Dear Michael:

Just to check, but are you setting Fetch to upload as ASCII? I know that
with Transport (my favorite FTP program for the Mac), if I don't specify the
transfer as ASCII, it just won't work on my site.

--Jonathan
jonathan at macphoenix.com
http://www.macphoenix.com

|    MacPhoenix: WebSpace    |