[thelist] Re: Cannot write CGI scripts on a Mac

Michael Galvin michael at sourcedesign.ie
Mon Feb 25 10:24:00 CST 2002

This is really starting to annoy me now!

Martin, I know perl is installed correctly, etc.  All scripts  I've run up
to now, written on Windows, have worked perfectly.  I'm definitely uploading
in ASCII and it looks to me that I've managed to CHMOD correctly.  Without
command line access, it's a little difficult to be sure, but the file list
shows the correct permissions.

I downloaded Transmit (er., is it the same as Transport?) last week for a
similiar problem and it didn't appear to help any.  In fact, I know it
didn't, cos the script still doesn't work.

So, I'm back to the script, I guess.  I didn't download the script, but
pieced it together from website listings, etc.  It's possible that the copy
'n' paste from a website has done something even BBEdit can't see.  I think
I'll write it from scratch and see what happens.

Michael