[thelist] IIS document footer vs SSI

David McCreath mccreath at ak.net
Mon Feb 25 19:32:01 CST 2002

Anthony Baratta wrote:

> I'm not sure if I follow you, but how about setting HTML to be parsed via
> the SSI.dll??

Oh, you're following me. I can do that, but I always read these vague
references to the security holes that SSI open up, so I was trying to
avoid it. (I'm not the server guy. He's out of town and I'm
experimenting ... heh heh ... )

The way I was reading it, do I have to give Script source access to the
directory for SSI to work? I already tried setting HTML to be parsed by
ssinc.dll, but I still got a 403.1.

(Unfortunately, that would still require the folks to go back and add
the code to their pages. Hardly the end of the world and definitely
easier than having to change the file names to .shtml, but it sure would
be groovy if the automatic document footer worked better.)

David