[thelist] IIS document footer vs SSI

mccreath mccreath at ak.net
Mon Feb 25 20:45:00 CST 2002

> From: Anthony Baratta
>
> At 05:30 PM 2/25/2002, David McCreath wrote:
> >The way I was reading it, do I have to give Script source access to the
> >directory for SSI to work? I already tried setting HTML to be parsed by
> >ssinc.dll, but I still got a 403.1.
>
> Make sure you set it up exactly like the shtml extensions are setup. e.g.
> "verbs" GET & POST

Yeah, I tried it on my localhost set up and it worked without a hitch. I
think I'm running into problems in our development server with virtual
directories and the like. I'll figure it out in the morning.

> >it sure would be groovy if the automatic document footer worked better.)
>
> Are you talking about the Enable Document Footer check box on the
> Properties:Documents Tab??
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q222090&

Yeah. That's it. The problem that I was having with that is that the code
ends up outside the <html> tag pair, which invalidates the page. I assume
it'll display incorrectly in some browsers, too, but I haven't bothered
testing that.

Plus that page that you linked to says something about appending that footer
to PDFs, as well, which I don't want.

I'll have to go with the SSI approach.

Thanks for the help, Anthony.

David