[thelist] Hiring Eye Opener - Web Skills Testing (long)

kristina kristina at kfx-design.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 07:33:01 CST 2002

Jay,

on Tuesday, February 26, 2002, 1:03:14 PM, jay wrote:

::
> <tip type="Hiring - Skills Testing" author="Jay Blanchard">
> Where demonstrable skills are concerned, such as web development, test all
> applicants on an equally scored system so that you can accurately gauge
> skill level. Applicants demonstrating way above average response at one
> skill level should be tested at the next highest skill level as well.
> Develop easily scored tests for all technical positions and use them.
> Modify those tests as required by progress/technological advances in a
> given field. Where possible have senior level developers familiar with
> day-to-day problems construct test questions or situations based on those
> situations.
> </tip>
::

Do you have any of these tests with and w/out answers, as I would be
very interested in gauging my knowledge.  It would help me alot to be
able to know that I have the right skills/knowledge for 'such and
such' a job.    Or do you know of somewhere I can test myself on
skill/knowlege ability.

--
tia
 kristina