[thelist] Hiring Eye Opener - Web Skills Testing

Roger Newbrook roger.newbrook at kmsoftware.com
Tue Feb 26 09:15:01 CST 2002

Stout wrote... "I guess I've been out of school awhile, but 'in my day' 69%
was a failing grade."

not such a spring chicken myself, when i was an undergraduate 88-91 and post
graduate 1995 (UK), 70% was the pinnacle of achievement, anything higher
meant that you had been touched by the hands of the gods. though, from
academics i know today (for essays/projects that there are no specific
*right* answers to), they are being encouraged to use the *full* range of
marks.

so I suppose it depends on marking strategy employed.

hope this clears my comment up

roger