[thelist] Hiring Eye Opener - Web Skills Testing

Roger Newbrook roger.newbrook at kmsoftware.com
Tue Feb 26 10:50:09 CST 2002

sorry for the double post!!

I agree it is a problem, and sure, it's unfair. It is a similar thing
getting employers to recognise vocational qualifications as valid
alternatives to degrees etc. There's an awful lot of institutional snobbery
out there too, i'm sure a first class degree from Oxford Uni for the most
part is not felt to have the same clout as the equivalent from one of the
regional "New Universities" (former polytechnics as they are *still* known
as after over 10 yrs), which they should.

I also admire your resovle and committment to set up by yourself. I'm
actually not in the position of hiring people here but i can understand the
dilemma, but the irony of it is that you are :) have you ever had to make
the choice?

roger