[thelist] flash accessibility/usability

Jared M. Spool jspool at uie.com
Tue Feb 26 15:58:01 CST 2002

I thought I would jump in to this thread and mention that Christine
Perfetti and Matthew Klee have written a wonderful report based on
User Interface Engineering's research into Flash-based
implementations.

They came to the same conclusions that you have -- Flash has
advantages that can really enhance the user experience. It also has
the capabilities to make bad design easier. Knowing when your
crossing the line between good design and bad design is they key.

The report doesn't go into the technical details that you've talked
about here, but it does show a lot of examples of implementations
that really utilize Flash's strengths.

If you're interested, you can get more information on the
report at http://world.std.com/~uieweb/flash.htm.

Jared Spool
(Who hopes someday to be called an "Expert From Afar"!)

- o - o - o -
Jared M. Spool
User Interface Engineering
242 Neck Road
Bradford, MA 01835 USA
(978) 374-8300  fax: (978) 374-9175
jspool at uie.com   http://www.uie.com

You'll want to hear about our latest research at
User Interface 6 West, Burlingame, CA  Mar 18-20
http://www.uiconf.com