[thelist] apache settings to avoid CodeRed

David Kutcher david_kutcher at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 22:53:00 CST 2002

So I got sick of getting codered connections in my apache logs.

easiest way of getting rid of them instead of changing port 80 requests is
to use the virtualhost ability for all of the sites your using (detecting by
domain), and then have the default site (the one that's probably going to
/usr/local/www/data/ be a nothing site.

In your virtualhost containers, make sure to specify a unique-named log
file, that way b.s. connection attempts will go to the junk default log,
while your valid requests will go to your virtualhost log.

David
www.confluentforms.com