[thelist] PWS as a Webserver

Dave schemer at cyou.com
Wed Feb 27 07:13:01 CST 2002

Well, I got the Perl installed and Apache installed and have a few other minor
issues. I removed PWS and now my localhost and 127.0.0.1 are working in IE and
NN6.2 but not in NN4.79. On NN4.79 I can only use 127.0.0.1 to get anywhere.
Is that going to be a Netscape thing?
    I installed the PHPTriad but removed it as I was in the middle of
resolving issues with the Perl and Apache and found I had 2 Apaches running
(which was more than enough at the time). I also found that removing Apache
was another reading experience on a Windows box...no uninstaller. On rebooting
the box I was getting two Apache apps running. Can I install PHPTriad without
installing Apache or does anyone have instructions on removing it?
Thanks,
Dave