[thelist] On behalf of s

BreezyGraphics at aol.com BreezyGraphics at aol.com
Wed Feb 27 09:38:01 CST 2002

In a message dated 2/26/02 11:19:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, John Handelaar
writes:

> If you (not you personally, but generally those people
> here today arguing that it's EVER acceptable to have
> an inaccessible site) decided to shut me out simply because
> you couldn't give a toss... it's not 'accidental', and
> it's not 'incidental collateral damage'.  It's a deliberate,
> calculated act of discrimination and hatred.
>
> I wouldn't think badly of you.  I'd hate you, down to my
> very bones and experience a deep-seated desire to barbecue
> your bastard arse on the flames of your own burning home.

Mr. Handelaar, your comments sound as a direct threat from what I am reading
and think you need some serious counciling. You take a violent stance to such
a matter. If a web designer could know exactly who he was making a site
accessible to, you wouldn't be on my list! Not because of a physical
disability, but because of your temperament.

If I am not paid for the extra work that it takes to do the things every
single reader wants in a webpage then YOU THINK I SHOULD BE BARBEQUED?

I design for a "living" and not for free. I feel for disabled people and am
close to a lot of people with disabilities but I don't have the time or money
to cater to all their needs.

Do you take pictures? Do you listen to music? Do you make sure that blind and
deaf people are able to access these? You don't have the time or money to do
you?

Your hate and anger is what needs to be put on the barB, and I suggest
seriously that you consider a good therapist.