[thelist] Smart Flash detection

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Feb 27 14:25:01 CST 2002

>well, i recently tried this. and i tried using the DW flash detection script
>extension set. neither work in mac ie5. both seem to use some kind of
>vbscript, which causes the browser to pop up a message saying "me no speakie
>vb" and that's the end. you're doomed. the browsers sees nuttin'. . .

I believe the problem is that you're not using IE 5. As far as I
know, IE 5 Mac cannot give the unsupported script language error you
mention ... so it seems like you're using an earlier version. Am I
correct?

IE Mac before 5 has lots of problems with Flash, so it's a good idea
to keep those people away from your Flash content unless you're aware
of the workarounds you need to do. It's unfortunate because a lot of
people with iMacs use IE 4.5.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/