[thelist] Theme switcher and browser differences

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 27 15:43:01 CST 2002

> From:Liorean <Liorean at user.bip.net>
>
> In a project of mine, I've created a theme switcher based on ALA's
> style switcher, but using my own cookie library. (Requires JS, Cookies
> and Stylesheets to be turned on.)

any reason you've chosen client-side over server-side?

i actually never noticed ALA's switcher and built my own using
ASP and cookies... all those non-JS users can benefit from it that
way (http://roselli.org/adrian/ -- stealth is my favorite)

> Now, I'm having problems with ALL browsers I've tested it on in some
> way or the other.

have you tested the CSS in static test pages on those browsers?
it's a good idea to narrow it down to the style switcher or the CSS
itself... try static pages with the styles that you want to test
hardcoded in the <link>...