[thelist] XML, asfunction in actionscript

Anna Yanishevsky anna at emumail.com
Wed Feb 27 16:11:01 CST 2002

Hi,

I'm having some strange problems using the asfunction function in
actionscript. I have some text that is linked in the following manner:

and myFunc pulls some text out of an array, takes you to a certain frame
in the flash presentation, and dumps the text into a dynamic text box.

The reason I have to do this little complex thing is because the text you
click on is generated by XML, as is the stuff in the array.

Sometimes this works beautifully. Sometimes it crashes Flash (or the
browser, if I try to view the swf that way). Any advice? Has anyone had
this problem?

Thanks,
Anna