[thelist] coding required form fields to work with Javascript turned off

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Wed Feb 27 18:39:00 CST 2002

On Wednesday, February 27, 2002 9:16 AM, Veronica wrote:

> Funnily enough, I just came across an article on WebReference which
> explains how to combine JS and CF validation. As an even more rank beginner than you are (created my first CF script today!) I found it very easy to  follow:
>
> http://webreference.com/new/cfjsvalidate.html
>
> NB I haven't actually tried this code, as I didn't need it for what I was
> doing.

Thanks, Veronica. Read the article but it concentrates on the JS side of the coding. I already have that set up. It's the Cold fusion coding on the processing .cfm page that I am having trouble with.

Hope someone can look at my previous post and throw in their 2 cents.(<8

Sharon

> At 08:23 27/02/2002 -0800, you wrote:
> >I have the two pages in question on the Evolt server for CF testing. and,
> >I already have the last two fields set up (and working right) in the
> >processing .cfm page to generate error messages with JS turned off. That
> >being the case, if I could, I'd like to leave the form .htm page as is and
> >not make it into an Include. I'm just bogging down in exactly how to
> >proceed with the .cfm processing file coding.

Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com