[thelist] flash accessibility/usability

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 28 01:39:01 CST 2002

> From: "Shashank Tripathi" <sub at shanx.com>
>
> Could you please point me to some of such posts? I have been
> religiously following this thread as well, once after every meal three
> times a day, and I did not see anything acrimonious coming from any
> "side" until today.

let's not... we've just had three childish posts from one person in a row... i'd
rather leave it at that...

> One thing I could not help noticing though is that many who post with
> a grudge against Flash seem to know preciously little about it.

oddly, i'm normally the one standing up and arguing for usability and
accessibility, which generally precludes your average Flash project...

but there have been a couple (or more) people here who've talked about these
issues with Flash, and i know for a fact they have done many projects in
Flash...

i've done many... interactive CDs, web sites, stand-alone apps, widgets, etc...
heck, i'm working on a Flash widget right now, but only because Flash is a
better choice than Java or DHTML for this scenario...

folks, use the technology that's appropriate for the job... think about the
audience, not yourself... and remember *both* the benefits and caveats with
all the stuff we're using...

once we as developers marry ourselves to one technology exclusively, we're
as good as dead...

it's just technology... it's not a religion... let it go...