[thelist] Netscape 6.1, radiobuttons, and DTD

paul at one-pla.net paul at one-pla.net
Thu Feb 28 07:34:00 CST 2002

I've just run into a curious thing: apparently, Netscape 6.1 will select radiobuttons in forms when it is served a page with a DTD, but will correctly render the form (i.e. not select any radiobuttons) in a page without a DTD. I've put together some short examples here:

http://one-pla.net/screenshots/n61radiobuttons/

This is serious enough that I'm sure it must be old news, but a quick check of the archives and of google didn't turn up anything. Short of excluding the DTD, are there any fixes for this?

Best regards,
Paul