[thelist] flash accessibility/usability

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Feb 28 13:38:01 CST 2002

Martin, you're making a complete ass out of yourself. Maybe you're
stupid, but I doubt it.

Why are you assuming the navigation and logo I'm speaking of would be
done in Flash? Why would I tell a client that comes to me wanting
animation that they don't want animation?

Maybe you are an idiot ... but I think it's more likely that you're
despotic about your tastes in websites.

>  >You'd be surprised at the number of ways I have of saying, "The thing
>>is that the navigation and a simple logo can download in just a
>>second or two, and then we can show them the intro with sound and
>>stuff."
>
>Um that's telling the client that the Flash is a *good* idea. Which
>isn't what I asked.
>
>>And what would you tell a
>>client are the limitations of Flash?
>
>Half my clients have been places that already know what Flash can and
>can't do and the other half don't bother to ask whether something can
>be done in Flash but just ask if it's possible in general.
>
>[trivial examples snipped]
>
>>I can't think of anything else and none of these things have
>>(realistic) non-Flash equivalents anyway ... not sure why I didn't
>>just note that it wouldn't make sense to think about using Flash for
>>something it was limited from doing.
>
>So in pretty much every case, you're reaching for your Flash?
>Cheers
>Martin

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272