[thelist] Dreamweaver, CSS, and <td>

Faust at LeeMarvin.com Faust at LeeMarvin.com
Thu Feb 28 14:06:01 CST 2002

On 28 Feb 2002 at 14:47, Michaux Kelley wrote:

> it seems my styles aren't inherited in the design view of Dreamweaver. i.e.
> my body text is set at .8em, which, it seems should follow that my table
> would inherit this property, but no i have to reapply font-size to <tds>.
> what up? anyone else had this problem?

I have had what I believe to be problems with settings to body text not being carried over
into table cells in some version of Netscape.  So yes, I applied the styles to the <tds> as
well.  But, I would be less concerned about how the design view in Dreamweaver renders
your page than how actual web browsers render your page.  Remember, there is no DTP
for the web.  The best you can do is suggest how things should look.  At least that is the
way I approach things.

HTH

Faust

"The beverage use of alcohol will be utterly unknown
 except among the abnormal, subnormal, vicious, and
 depraved, which classes will largely have been bred
 out of the race in America."
-- William Anderson, Anti-Saloon League of N.Y. (1923)