[thelist] Zope - opinions

Robert Goodyear rob_goodyear at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 16:24:01 CST 2002

I think there's a LOT of space between what you're doing now and a Zope
deployment. If you're programmatically able to slurp content in -- as evidenced
by your modular design -- then why not just build a lightweight little
interface for the Data Entry folks to work with, that writes right to your flat
files and gets picked up by the multiple content.php files you mentioned?

Sounds like you and your current partner could then build a few flexible
templates and off you go.

While Zope rocks for a lot of people, you could probably just shoehorn
something like this right into your current platform and at least try a pilot
program to convince your Director.

/rg