[thelist] weird MySQL insert problem

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Fri Mar 1 07:09:20 CST 2002

>Does anyone have any possible explanation for this?

hi noah

yes, a couple

> When I just "SELECT * from candidate_information"
> I can look through the whole table and there's definitely
> nothing even resembling 999.

obviously the value you supplied was converted or ignored

if can_id was defined as tinyint, then 127 is the largest value it can hold

if it was defined as auto increment, your values may be ignored -- i'd test
this myself but i still haven't installed phptriad (hi david, mark)

show us the create table statement (i think there's a way you can pull this
out using some script or admin front end app)

rudy