[thelist] A Tip -- My First Post

evolt at xemaps.com evolt at xemaps.com
Fri Mar 1 10:08:41 CST 2002

I've been lurking for a couple of days since joining the
group. I hope this doesn't violate any mores or folkways.

<tip type="Interpersonal Communication/Lubrication">

"Moving parts in rubbing contact require lubrication to
avoid excessive wear. Honorifics and formal politeness
provide lubrication where people rub together. Often the
very young, the untraveled, the naive, the unsophisticated
deplore these formalities as 'empty', 'meaningless', or
'dishonest' and scorn to use them. No matter how 'pure'
their motives, they thereby throw sand into machinery that
does not work too well at best." [Author Unknown]

</tip>

~ ~ ~
Spence (;^))
http://e-BZZZ.com/