[thelist] broken web page

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.net
Fri Mar 1 10:09:53 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: <dn at dittodesign.co.uk>
Subject: [thelist] broken web page

> Could any one with a minute to spare have
> a quick glance at this.
>
> www.dittodesign.co.uk/clients/odaban/error_scrnshot.jpg
>
> It's screenshot of www.odaban.com in IE6. I'm sure the
> problem is to do with the spacer gif's used in the page but why.

Darren,

I was able to replicate this behavior in IE 5.x by setting my font size
really big.  I used the ctrl+mouse wheel trick to modify my font size.  Turn
on the borders of the tables in your code, make your font big, and it'll
become fairly apparent what is happening.  You've got a VERY complex table
structure and content in many different cells.  When the individual
paragraphs get too large because the font is large, it stretches the table
in many different ways.

You may try setting a font size is CSS so that the user does not have the
chance to have large font settings and thusly blow up your layout.  Or, you
can try simplifying the table structure and reducing the number of
individual images... but, since you want the content to curve with the blue,
that may not be a trivial task.

Good luck.

-joshua