[thelist] Note of support

Ed McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Fri Mar 1 11:30:01 CST 2002

Amidst the recent discussion of appropriate list etiquette, I hope this
offends nobody.  I'm mostly a newbie lurker, and this is also my first tip.

> HTML email is evil :-)

It's evil, Evil, EVIL!

> You could reverse the question: What value is there in the extra
> information sent with your HTML email?

<rant> IMHO, it's value is much less than zero!  HTML-born viruses may not
be a serious threat to those of us who know what we are doing, and have
taken infallible measure to protect ourselves from even the newest of
exploits.  OTOH, if I, from within my well-protected environment, forward
an infected HTML email to a less-protected client, and the client figures
it out ... </rant>

<tip type="SQL, introductory" author="Ed McCarroll">
MS Access users/programmers wishing an introduction to SQL can use the MS
Access Query Builder to author SQL statements:

1. design a simple (or not) query using the Access design tool.
2. select the "SQL View" command from the View menu.
3. the design tool will display an SQL statement that is equivalent to your
query.

You can even copy the resultant statement and paste it into VBA code or
wherever you wish.
</tip>

----

Ed McCarroll