[thelist] A Tip -- My First Post

Michael Wolfe wolfboy69 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 1 11:50:02 CST 2002

> I've been lurking for a couple of days since joining the
> group. I hope this doesn't violate any mores or folkways.
>

> ~ ~ ~
> Spence (;^))
> http://e-BZZZ.com/
> ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
>
> ~ <tip>
> ~
> ~ love thy admin
> ~
> ~ </tip>

Welcome, Spence!

Mike Wolfe
vws at visionary-art.com

<tip type="SQL" author="Michael Wolfe">
Lock your queries!

Whenever you run an INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE query in a web application, you
should always use transactional locking. Always!

Because web sites can have hundreds or thousands (or even millions?) of
users accessing the same data, the potential for collisions or deadlocks
exists.

The use of transactional locking can go a long way towards alleviating these
problems.
</tip>