[thelist] Where Start?/How Proceed

evolt at xemaps.com evolt at xemaps.com
Fri Mar 1 16:20:01 CST 2002

After designing Web sites for clients for nearly 6 years,
I've decided I must come out of the dark ages and learn new
stuff -- CSS, DHTML, ASP, PHP, SQL/MySQL and JS? Now I'm
pondering:

In what order should I tackle which of the above -- to get
the greatest and quickest improvement in design appearance,
functionality, manageability and interactivity? Here are
four of my present sites to get an idea of what I do:
	http://www.treeclassics.com/ - w/SC
	http://www.lynfredwinery.com/ - w/SC
	http://www.holeymoleyhydrotools.com/ - w/SC
	http://www.spamaxe.com - little quickie/not completed
	http://www.e-bzzz.com - our on outdated site (cobbler's
children syndrome.

(I know this is very vague, but I'm overwhelmed with the
prospect of increasing my technology capability and hardly
know where to start. I'm not sure I'm even asking the right
questions.)

I'm strive for beauty and functionality.

CSS seems that it MIGHT be a good place to start. I have
never taken a class and have been self-taught using good
books and tutorials. I welcome all suggestions and
comments.
~ ~
Spence (;^))
e-BZZZ.com ~ 630-587-8855