[thelist] Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 and World Wide Web

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Fri Mar 1 16:25:01 CST 2002

Hi,
Firstly, there's copyright issues with fonts, so putting up a free software,
and including a copyrighted font could end up getting you in trouble.

Aside from that, if you use Setup-Factory to make your installer, just
dropping the font in with the rest of your files will get the font installed
in the users /font directory - there's nothing to it.
Get eval version here:
http://www.indigorose.com/setup/trial.html

Another nice installer, this one is free, is Setup Generator, but I'm not
sure if it installs the fonts automatically, try it here:
http://www.gentee.com/setupgen/index.htm

Remember that VB programs also depend on the VB runtimes, and maybe certain
activeX controls being available too.

Cheers,
Richard.

<1.    How to create a self extracting setup file for World Wide Web?
<(Specially by using Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Tools > Package &
<Deployment Wizard)
<2.    Above specified application uses a special font which is very rare
<on other computer systems. My software is useless without
<that font. How can I embed that special font in the application so that
<when someone installs the software, the special font is also installed?
<Thank you,
<Syed Zeeshan Haider.
<http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/