[thelist] Max file size for site-wide header graphic

Dave Stevens stem at stemofficial.co.uk
Sat Mar 2 11:04:01 CST 2002

Hi all,
I have spent today creating a header for my band's new site, and I have
finally created one that I am happy with. However, on saving it, with the
maximum jpeg compression I can use without messing up the image quality, it
is 23.6KB.
Is this too large? It will be used on every page in the site.

If it is, what would you say was the largest allowable file size for an
image of this type should be? And has anyone got any ideas on how to reduce
the filesize?

Many thanks, as always -
Dave Stevens
http://www.stemofficial.co.uk
stem. - Tragic but uplifting alternative rock