[thelist] Problems with PHP sessions

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Sat Mar 2 19:07:00 CST 2002

what do we do when PHP sessions are unreliable?

I've coded a little website (I'm proud of it, my first XML/CSS/XHTML 1.0
compliant site!)  and I'm having problems "logging in" .  Some areas of the
site require visitors to identify themselves.

Sometimes, logging in works on the first try, but then the info is dropped
when you do to a second page. Other times, it will work fine for 5 minutes
and quite a few pages. Yet other times, it won't accept the logging, even
though it recognised the password. It's like the session variable gets reset
right away.

I've coded this on a dev server where I had no problem. What I'm describing
only started on the production server, so I'm wondering if I should look at
the way session variables are handled on the server ?  Since this is my
first time with session variables, I'm not too sure what to look for...

dev server: http://66.39.114.99/pathfinders/
live server: http://bikerscout.net/pathfinders  (don't tamper with that one,
please)

Nicole