[thelist] What flavor of HTML?

Shoshannah Forbes xslf at xslf.com
Sun Mar 3 02:11:00 CST 2002

Back in 1998, I founded and managed the largest site builder message board.
I had written then quite a few articles/guides about code html etc and put
them up in a web site.
Time passed, my readers opened there own guide websites, and I moved one to
do other things.
Then those websites closed down one by one in the last few months.
I happened now to start going over my stuff, in order to create a new
version of my own site.
So while updating those old tutorials, I started to wonder- what flavor of
HTML to teach in them? Or should I be teaching XHTML?
Those guides where originally rather close to "standard coding" etc, and I
want to make them even more so (since the best way to have web sites code
for standards is teach HTML that way) so I am thinking of teaching XHTML. On
the other hand, most editors today still have problems with that, so when my
reader switch off of notepad to a "real" html editor, they are in for a
nasty surprise.
What do you think? considering the fact that will probably one of the few
HTML guides in Hebrew, what flavor of HTML should it teach?
Thanks
Shoshannah Forbes
http://www.forbes.co.il