[thelist] responding to your visitors

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun Mar 3 22:39:01 CST 2002

On Mar 4, Marc Seyon had something to say about [thelist] responding to...

>Happy Monday to everyone,
>
>What do you guys think about how long it should take for users to receive a
>response to questions submitted to a site (either via online form or email)?
>
>I always tell new clients they should definitely be under five working days
>(a work week), and personally I try to adhere to two working days myself.
>Of course important questions should be handled ASAP, but I'm more
>referring to general feedback...

of course, it depends on the situation, but i think 3 days is the upper
limit.

>And relatedly, how many of you still get absolutely no response from sites,
>even (relatively) well-known companies?

i just sent feedback to e-trade's new site. that was maybe 10 days
ago. nothing so far. i don't plan on getting anything.

but, i kind of expected that to be a one-way communication.

hth,

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com