[thelist] PHP processes consuming NT resources (running IIS)

John Handelaar genghis at members.evolt.org
Mon Mar 4 13:34:09 CST 2002

IIS (if you're using php in cgi mode) will spawn a copy
of php.exe for every request.  If they're going away again
then this is what's going on.

If they're *not* going away, the last time I saw this was
when we tried using mysql_pconnect (as opposed to mysql_connect)
in a DB-driven site.  NT *hates* persistent connections.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com