[thelist] PHP processes consuming NT resources (running IIS)

Kristy Frey kristenannfrey at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 4 14:02:01 CST 2002

> IIS (if you're using php in cgi mode) will spawn a copy
> of php.exe for every request.

I am assuming we are - since there are multiple php.exe running according to the server admin.

> If they're going away again
> then this is what's going on.

They don't go away - our server admin ends up rebooting the machine.  Last week when it happened,
he said that one of the php.exe processes had been running for 23 hours.

> If they're *not* going away, the last time I saw this was
> when we tried using mysql_pconnect (as opposed to mysql_connect)

I connect to oracle in the scripts, but never with a persistent connection.