[thelist] style sheets & 'adding' text...

Craig Saila crsaila at yahoo.ca
Mon Mar 4 14:36:00 CST 2002

Ben Phillips wrote:
> i have some text that displays the record label for a track. in one
> style sheet, i want this to be surrounded by square brackets, so i ffrr
> becomes [ffrr]. however, i don't want the text to be stored as ffrr, i
> want (if possible) the style sheet to do this for me.

Yup its possible, just not well supported, if you have:

The rule would be:
   recordlabel:before { content: "["; }
   recordlabel:after { content: "]"; }

This is, AFAIK, only supported by Netscape 6/Mozilla right now. More
details at:
<http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/generate.html#propdef-content>

--
Cheers,