[thelist] Flash MX article

johnpeace webshot at members.evolt.org
Mon Mar 4 15:21:00 CST 2002

> http://news.com.com/2100-1040-849981.html
>
> Easier to (ahem) create standard UI elements.
> --
 Wow! This looks really cool!

I'm not at all Flash-phobic, in the appropriate circumstance where I'm
working for an audience of Flash users...

I do dread learning a whole new interface to Flash, I still haven't quite
figured out the timeline selection changes from v4 to v5.

Interestingly enough, I am just now workign on my first dynamic Flash
content piece, exploring the ways Action Script can work to pull data from
outside sources and use it to drive events in a movie, very good timing. I
do hope that MM will improve the documentation with this release, as the
current Action Script documentation is pretty sparse.

The example that news.com.com cited (the Broadmoor Hotel) is pretty
remarkable. I'm sure some of the zealots will have complaints but from a
usability standpoint, this application seems way nicer than most of the UI
for applications I see implemented with HTML & gifs. Very slick!

John Corry
webshot at members.evolt.org
http://members.evolt.org/webshot